Fast, easy, and affordable
Get Your Ohio Medical Marijuana Card Online In Minutes
Get approved or your money back
Secure & HIPAA compliant
Trusted by 30k patients
How to Get aN OH Medical Marijuana Card
These are the steps to get a medical marijuana card in Ohio with the help of Leafy DOC:
Book Your Appointment
Skip the wait at the medical marijuana doctor and schedule your evaluation from the comfort and convenience of your home. Submit an intake form with a few personal details and a summary of your medical history; then, we’ll help you book an on-demand telehealth appointment or schedule a convenient time for later.
Match With a Licensed Marijuana Doctor
Connect with the right doctor in minutes and easily chat with your provider on a smartphone, computer, or tablet via phone call or video. Our licensed physicians will evaluate your qualifying condition, address your questions and concerns, and then provide a recommendation for medical cannabis.
Register with the Oh Department of Health
A person must be registered online at the Department of Health’s portal to participate in the Medical Marijuana Program. The doctor will email you information about enrolling in the Patient and Caregiver Registry.
Get Your Ohio Medical Card
After the State approves your registration, they will email you a downloadable electronic copy that you can use immediately. Once you have the MMJ card, you can visit Ohio medical marijuana dispensaries and purchase medical marijuana products.
The Leafy DOC Difference
We’re here to help! At Leafy DOC, we believe that access to medical cannabis is essential; we connect medical marijuana patients with a licensed medical marijuana doctor online for patient evaluations. A certified health professional is ready to help with the medical marijuana certification.
Don’t just take our word for it
Get Approved Today!
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN OHIO – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Ohio Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule I substance in the State of Ohio.
- Federally, cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance.
- Possession of fewer than 100 grams is a minor misdemeanor punishable by a 150 USD fine.
- Penalties for the cultivation of marijuana are identical to the penalties for possessing an equivalent amount, in weight, of marijuana.
- A gift of twenty grams or less is a minor misdemeanor punishable by a maximum fine of 150 USD.
- Possession of marijuana paraphernalia is a minor misdemeanor, punishable by a maximum penalty of 150 USD, possible community service, and suspension of the offender’s driver’s license for six months to five years.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 1975: Minor possession of cannabis was decriminalized, and Governor Rhodes signed the law
- 2015: A ballot initiative called Issue 3 failed to gain support for recreational legalization
- 2016: Governor Kasich signed a bill to legalize medical marijuana for qualifying conditions
- 2018: The State of Ohio issued its first dispensary license
- 2019: The licensed sales of medical marijuana began
- 2022: A ballot initiative to allow voters to legalize marijuana for adult use is currently gaining signatures.
Possession Limits in OH
- Medical patients can possess a ninety-day supply; inhaled forms are not permitted; recreational possession is illegal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These Ohio Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Hocking Hills State Park
Hocking Hills State Park is a delightfully scenic area of Ohio. You’ll find dark, deep gorges, ancient caves, beautiful waterfalls, and cliffs to adventure around within the enormous park.
The most famous caves are Old Man’s Cave and Ash Cave, which are trekked to by visitors and hikers from all over yearly.
Lake Erie Islands
The Lake Erie Islands are found within the Great Lake and are accessible by ferry from many coastal areas. There are several islands geared towards tourism; some require membership.
Kelleys Island is a popular choice among public-owned islands. It includes Glacial Grooves State Park, created by glaciers moving through the limestone bedrock, and Inscription Rock, marked by native petroglyphs.
Cincinnati, or Queen City, is a unique city in Ohio that is situated on the Ohio River. The sunset skyline is unmatched, with views from the Carew Tower and the Cincinnati Observatory Center. Cincinnati also boasts exceptional city parks, so stop by Sawyer Point or one of the many local parks to enjoy live concerts and the surrounding nature.