Fast, easy, and affordable
Get Your Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Card Online In Minutes
How to Get a MA Medical Marijuana Card
These are the steps to get a medical marijuana card in Massachusetts with the help of Leafy DOC:
The Leafy DOC Difference
We’re here to help! At Leafy DOC, we believe that access to medical cannabis is essential; we connect medical marijuana patients with a licensed medical marijuana doctor online for patient evaluations. A certified health professional is ready to help with the medical marijuana certification.
Don’t just take our word for it
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN MASSACHUSETTS – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Massachusetts Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Class D controlled substance in the state of Massachusetts
- Federally, cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance.
- An adult may possess up to one ounce of marijuana; up to five grams of marijuana may be marijuana concentrate.
- For first offenders, possessing less than fifty pounds of marijuana with the intent to manufacture, distribute, dispense or cultivate is punishable by a fine of up to 5,000 USD and imprisonment of up to two years.
- An adult may grow six marijuana plants at the adult’s primary residence with a limit of a total of twelve plants at the residence.
- For first offenders, selling less than fifty pounds of marijuana is punishable by a fine of up to 5,000 USD and imprisonment of up to two years.
- An adult may buy and use marijuana paraphernalia.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 2008: Massachusetts voters approved a ballot initiative decriminalizing possession of small amounts of cannabis for personal use.
- 2012: Voters approved a ballot initiative legalizing medical cannabis for patients with qualifying medical conditions.
- 2016: Voters approved a ballot initiative legalizing cannabis for adults and establishing regulations for sales of marijuana.
- 2017: The legislature voted to delay implementation by six months, pushing the advent of legal retail sales forward from January 2018 to July 2018.
- 2018: The first adult-use retail stores opened for businesses in November.
Possession Limits in MA
- Since Massachusetts allows both recreational and medicinal cannabis, the possession and cultivation laws for adult use are the same. An adult can possess up to one ounce of your person and up to ten ounces locked up in your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These MASSACHUSETTS Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Boston is one of the oldest cities in the United States that hosted the infamous tea “party.” Visitors can tour Boston during the American Revolution by walking the Freedom Trail.
Boston is the capital of Massachusetts and the largest city in New England. It is home to professional athletic teams, the Boston Pops Orchestra, Paul revere’s home, and Fenway Park.
Cape Cod is a peninsula located in eastern Massachusetts. It is a summer destination with lighthouses, cranberry bogs, swimming beaches, and hiking trails along the Cape Cod National Seashore.
While Cape Cod is known for its art culture and quaint villages, its village of Hyannis was the summer home of the Kennedy family.
Travelers who embrace the spooky side of life should visit Salem, home of the famous witch trials during Puritan times.
Salem was also the setting for Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The House of the Seven Gables and Oysterfest, which celebrates the bivalve, takes place every September.