SORRY, WE ARE NOT OPEN IN YOUR STATE RIGHT NOW.
However, you can easily join our waitlist to be notified when booking appointments in your state become available.
In the meantime, we invite you to take advantage of our Personal Cannabis Health Coach to better understand how cannabis and CBD may be helpful to you.
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN NORTH DAKOTA -EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
NORTH dakota Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule I substance in the state of North Dakota
- Federally, cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance
- Possession of 1/2 ounce or less of marijuana is a criminal infraction punishable by a fine of up to 1000 USD.
- The sale of any amount of marijuana is a class B felony punishable by up to 10 years of jail time and a fine of up to 20,000 USD.
- Cultivation in North Dakota will be punished based upon the aggregate weight of the plants found.
- Possession of paraphernalia for personal use is a criminal infraction punishable by a maximum fine of up to 1000 USD.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 1933: North Dakota banned cannabis due to the federal prohibition
- 2015: House Bill 1430 to establish a medical marijuana program was voted down by the Committee
- 2016: Voters approved Measure 5 to legalize marijuana for medicinal use
- 2017: Measure 5 was passed by the House committee and other state legislature
- 2018: North Dakota Department of Health opens applications for qualified patients
- 2019: Medical marijuana becomes available; Governor Burgum signed HB 1050 to decriminalize minor possession
- 2020: A recreational legalization initiative fell short on signatures to get it to the ballot
- 2022: Various organizations are pushing forward a ballot initiative for voters to decide on adult use in the 2022 election period
Possession Limits in ND
- Medical patients with a medical marijuana card can possess up to three ounces and are allowed to possess cannabis transdermal patches, solutions, and topicals.
- Recreational possession is illegal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These NORTH DAKOTA Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Bismarck, North Dakota, is a hidden gem in the American Midwest, offering visitors a unique blend of rich history, natural beauty, and modern amenities. Nestled along the banks of the Missouri River, Bismarck boasts a vibrant cultural scene and a range of attractions that appeal to visitors of all ages. One of the top destinations in Bismarck is the North Dakota Heritage Center & State Museum. This world-class museum showcases the rich history of North Dakota through engaging exhibits and interactive displays. Visitors can explore the state’s Native American heritage, learn about the Lewis and Clark expedition, and discover the region’s natural resources and wildlife. For outdoor enthusiasts, Bismarck offers a plethora of activities, from hiking and biking to fishing and boating. The Missouri River offers ample opportunities for water-based adventures, including kayaking, paddle boarding, and jet skiing.
International Peace Garden
The International Peace Garden is a unique attraction situated on the border of North Dakota and Manitoba, Canada. Spanning over 2,300 acres, the garden symbolizes peace and friendship between the United States and Canada and draws visitors worldwide. One of the highlights of the International Peace Garden is the stunning floral displays, which feature over 150,000 flowers in vibrant colors and patterns. Visitors can stroll through the various gardens, including the Formal Garden, the Sunken Garden, and the Shakespeare Garden. The garden also features a Butterfly House, where visitors can observe various species of butterflies in their natural habitat. In addition to its beautiful gardens, the International Peace Garden is home to various other attractions and activities. The garden features several monuments and memorials, including the Peace Chapel, which serves as a place of reflection and meditation.