Fast, easy, and affordable
Get Your Maryland Medical Marijuana Card Online In Minutes
How to Get a MD Medical Marijuana Card
These are the steps to get a medical marijuana card in Maryland with the help of Leafy DOC:
The Leafy DOC Difference
We’re here to help! At Leafy DOC, we believe that access to medical cannabis is essential; we connect medical marijuana patients with a licensed medical marijuana doctor online for patient evaluations. A certified health professional is ready to help with the medical marijuana certification.
Don’t just take our word for it
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN MARYLAND – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Maryland Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule I substance in the State of Maryland
- Federally, cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance
- Simple possession (possession without the intent to distribute) of less than ten grams in Maryland is a civil offense.
- Possession of between ten grams and less than fifty pounds of marijuana is a misdemeanor with a punishment of up to one-year imprisonment and a fine not exceeding 1,000 USD.
- Cultivation in Maryland is punished as either simple possession or possession with intent to deliver, depending on the amount of marijuana produced and other factors that may lead to the conclusion that the marijuana was being grown for reasons other than strictly personal use.
- Possession of marijuana-related paraphernalia is a civil violation.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 2010: Maryland had the fifth highest arrest rate for marijuana possession; disproportionately so for minority communities within the State
- 2013: The Natale M. LaPrade, Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission, was formed and began operations to allow patients to obtain medical marijuana.
- 2014: Governor O’Malley signed a law to decriminalize marijuana possession of ten grams or less
- 2016: Marijuana paraphernalia possession was dropped down to a civil infraction
- 2017: State legislatures introduced a bill to regulate, legalize, and tax adult-use marijuana
- 2019: A task force titled ‘Marijuana Legalization Workgroup” was formed to push for the legalization of recreational cannabis
- 2021: House Bill 32 was introduced to legalize weed in Maryland fully
- 2022: Marijuana activists are hoping to gain enough signatures to bring recreational cannabis to the ballot for voters
Possession Limits in MD
- Medical patients can possess and purchase medical marijuana in a thirty-day supply; edible forms are not permitted per the Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC); recreational possession is illegal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These Maryland Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Ocean City is located on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. It has a massive sandy beach and tons of recreational water activities. The historic boardwalk is on the south side of Ocean City’s beach, where you can play games, enjoy live music, shop, and dine on delicious seafood.
Chesapeake and Ohio Canal
The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal was formed in the 1800s and spans from Washington, DC, to Cumberland, over 100 miles. There are many trails along the canal, offering hiking and cycling opportunities and a place to enjoy the view. During the summer months, boat tours can be taken from the Great Falls Tavern Visitor Center and the Williamsport Visitor Center.
As the capital of Maryland, Annapolis is the capital of Maryland and a relatively large city with many attractions for visitors. In downtown Annapolis, there’s a lot of historical architecture from the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries.
The Annapolis City Dock offers live music and views of naval ships boarding and leaving regularly. There are tours available at the United States Naval Academy as well.