Fast, easy, and affordable
Get Your California Medical Marijuana Card Online In Minutes
How to Get a CA Medical Marijuana Card
These are the steps to get a medical marijuana card in California with the help of Leafy DOC:
The Leafy DOC Difference
We’re here to help! At Leafy DOC, we believe that access to medical cannabis is essential; we connect medical marijuana patients with a licensed medical marijuana doctor online for patient evaluations. A certified health professional is ready to help with the medical marijuana certification.
Don’t just take our word for it
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN CALIFORNIA -EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
California Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule I substance in the State of California.
- Federally, cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance.
- The Adult Use Marijuana Act permits adults not participating in the State’s medical cannabis program to grow and possess personal use quantities of cannabis legally.
- Possession with intent to distribute more than one ounce of marijuana is a misdemeanor punishable by six months imprisonment and a fine of 500 USD.
- Monetary transactions involving the sale or delivery of any amount of marijuana by someone who does not possess a state-licensed permit is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and a 500 USD fine.
- There is no penalty for the simple possession of marijuana paraphernalia.
- Sale, delivery, possession with intent to sell or deliver, and manufacture to sell or deliver marijuana paraphernalia is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days imprisonment and a fine of up to 500 USD.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 1972: The nation’s first marijuana legalization initiative was created and failed
- 1975: Cannabis was decriminalized under SB95 or the Moscone Act
- 1996: Medical marijuana was legalized for patients with qualifying conditions, and a medical marijuana program was established
- 2016: Recreational marijuana was legalized for adults over 21
- 2021: The Department of Cannabis Control was formed by combining three state departments
- 2022: Efforts are being made to update and improve the laws for recreational cannabis users and the medical program
Possession Limits in CA
- Possession of 28.5 grams of usable weed and eight grams of marijuana concentrate is acceptable for adults.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These California Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
L.A. has legalized medical and recreational cannabis, and there are many options for weed-friendly experiences, as well as many tourist destinations. Los Angeles is home to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the infamous sign seen from many places in the city.
There are endless places to eat and drink, and when the traffic begins to wear you down, it’s a quick drive to Disneyland in Oakland or an ocean view at the Santa Monica Pier. You can easily spend a week in the Los Angeles area and never run out of things to do and see.
San Francisco is one of the world’s most famous cities, with its iconic and beautiful scenery and diverse culture. The city is on a peninsula with San Francisco Bay on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other.
San Fran’s hills are home to lively neighborhoods with gorgeous old Victorian architecture showcased. Historical theaters and museums can be visited around Union Square, while Fisherman’s and Pier 39 Wharf are home to excellent shopping, dining, and entertainment options. San Francisco truly has something for everyone to enjoy, including cable car rides, visiting the Golden Gate Bridge, and more.