SORRY, WE ARE NOT OPEN IN YOUR STATE RIGHT NOW.
However, you can easily join our waitlist to be notified when booking appointments in your state become available.
In the meantime, we invite you to take advantage of our Personal Cannabis Health Coach to better understand how cannabis and CBD may be helpful to you.
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN WYOMING-EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
WISCONSIN Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance under the Wyoming Controlled Substances Act.
- Cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance and illegal on a federal level.
- Marijuana Possession of small amounts up to three ounces is a Misdemeanor punishable by twelve months of incarceration, and a 1,000 USD maximum fine. There are pending bills to decriminalize possession of marijuana use.
- A person under the influence can receive a Misdemeanor punishable with six months imprisonment and a 750 USD maximum fine. This penalty increases to a felony for those operating a motor vehicle.
- Sales of any kind is a Felony with penalties of ten years incarceration and a 10,000 USD fine.
- Cultivation without a license is a misdemeanor with penalties of six months jail time and a 10,000 USD maximum fine.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia is unclassified with criminal penalties of up to six months imprisonment and a 750 USD fine.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 1929: The state of Wyoming criminalized and banned cannabis use and possession.
- 1991: The medical marijuana ballot initiatives were not approved by voters.
- 2015: In July, cannabidiol was legalized for the treatment of seizures and intractable epilepsy. The House legislature failed to accept Wyoming’s NORML medical marijuana initiative
- 2016: Lawmakers failed to pass a bill to decriminalize minor possession and reduce misdemeanor penalties for marijuana charges for the third year in a row
- 2017: The Peggy A. Kelley Wyoming Cannabis Act of 2016 makes headway and later dies due to a lack of voter turnout and not enough signatures for marijuana legalization.
- 2021: Ballot initiatives have been filed for the state legislature to update marijuana laws and legalize medical marijuana but later died in the House judiciary committee due to missed deadlines. It’s important to note that Wyoming’s legislative process and requirements to pass a ballot initiative are stringent so marijuana legalization will continue to be a battle.
- 2022: Cannabis advocates in the House like Eric Barlow, are gathering signatures for bills to decriminalize marijuana, reduce penalties, and for full legalization. According to the Associated Press, marijuana in Wyoming will potentially be changing further in the years to come.
Possession Limits in WY
- Possession is not allowed for recreational use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These WYOMING Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Yellowstone National Park, primarily located in Wyoming but extending into Montana and Idaho, is a natural wonder of the United States. Among its many features is Yellowstone Lake, covering over 130 square miles and being the largest high-elevation lake in North America. Visitors explore its crystal-clear waters and take in the breathtaking views of surrounding mountains. Popular spots around the lake include the West Thumb Geyser Basin, with several geysers and hot springs on the lake’s edge. Yellowstone Lake also played an important role in the park’s history, as Native Americans have been visiting it for thousands of years, and it was a popular hunting and fishing spot for early European settlers.
Jackson Hole is a popular tourist destination in the heart of Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park. Known for its stunning natural beauty, the area is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts and those looking for a relaxing getaway. One of the main attractions in Jackson Hole is the Grand Teton National Park, which is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in the United States. Visitors can explore the park’s many hiking trails, go fishing in the Snake River, or take a scenic drive along Teton Park Road. For those looking for more adventure, there are also opportunities for rock climbing, mountaineering, and backcountry camping. Regarding dining options, Jackson Hole has something for everyone’s taste. From casual cafes to fine dining restaurants, visitors can enjoy a wide range of cuisine, including traditional American fare and international specialties. Some popular dining spots include the Snake River Grill, Cafe Genevieve, and the Mangy Moose Restaurant & Saloon. Historically, Jackson Hole was a popular location for fur trappers and mountain men in the early 19th century.