SORRY, WE ARE NOT OPEN IN YOUR STATE RIGHT NOW.
However, you can easily join our waitlist to be notified when booking appointments in your state become available.
In the meantime, we invite you to take advantage of our Personal Cannabis Health Coach to better understand how cannabis and CBD may be helpful to you.
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN WISCONSIN-EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
WISCONSIN Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule I hallucinogenic substance under the Wisconsin Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
- Federally, cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance
- Possession of any amount is a Misdemeanor, six months incarceration, and a 1,000 USD fine.
- Wisconsin does have local jurisdictions that have enacted their own laws or resolutions to either fully or partially decriminalize small amounts of cannabis possession.
- Subsequent possession is a Felony, 3.5 years, and a 10,000 USD fine
- Sales of any kind is a Felony; penalties range from 3.5 to 15 years and 10,000 USD to 50,000 USD depending on the pounds
- Cultivation of any kind is a Felony; penalties range from 3.5 to 15 years and 10,000 USD to 50,000 USD depending on the pounds
- Possession of paraphernalia is a Misdemeanor with 30 days incarceration and a 500 USD fine
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 1940: Wisconsin was the nation’s leading hemp producer and distributor, prior to the federal prohibition.
- 1958: Rens Hemp Company was shut down and industrial hemp was banned
- 2014: CBD oil was legalized for limited conditions under “Lydia’s Law”
- 2017: CBD oil is legalized for all residents; the cultivation of hemp is re-legalized
- The years 2013, 2015, and 2017: bills for cannabis legalization were introduced and quickly killed by Wisconsin legislature
- 2019: Newly-elected Governor Evers offers support for legalizing medical marijuana and decriminalizing minor possession. He announces he will be including the medicinal marijuana bill and initiative in his budget. The Wisconsin medical society has offered support for legalization for medical purposes and for the opportunity to create true medical therapies developed from cannabis.
- 2022: There are marijuana reform initiatives and bills to legalize cannabis up for a vote this year. Many Republican lawmakers in the state are still refusing to show their support.
Possession Limits in WI
- Possession is not allowed
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These WISCONSIN Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Milwaukee is a vibrant city in Wisconsin known for its rich history and unique attractions. The city has been a hub for brewing, manufacturing, and music for many years, and its diverse culture is reflected in its many landmarks and attractions. If you’re planning a trip to Milwaukee, there are many things to see and do. One of the must-visit attractions in Milwaukee is the Harley-Davidson Museum, which showcases the history and heritage of the iconic motorcycle brand. Visitors can explore the museum’s interactive exhibits, see classic motorcycles, and even ride a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Another popular destination is the Milwaukee Art Museum, which features over 30,000 works of art worldwide. Foodies will love the many dining options in Milwaukee, which range from traditional Wisconsin fare to international cuisine. One of the city’s most famous culinary offerings is the butter burger, which can be found at many local restaurants.
Green Bay, a city in the northeastern part of Wisconsin famous for being the home of the Green Bay Packers, one of the most storied franchises in the National Football League, has much more to offer beyond football. When planning a trip to Green Bay, visitors can explore the popular Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, showcasing the team’s history and achievements with Super Bowl trophies, interactive exhibits, and guided tours of the historic Lambeau Field. Additionally, the Bay Beach Amusement Park offers classic rides and attractions for all ages, while the Cannery Public Market is a popular destination for food lovers, offering a variety of local and organic foods, craft beers, and wines. For a more upscale dining experience, Chefusion restaurant offers an eclectic mix of international and fusion cuisine. And to explore Green Bay’s rich history, several landmarks and museums are available.