SORRY, WE ARE NOT OPEN IN YOUR STATE RIGHT NOW.
However, you can easily join our waitlist to be notified when booking appointments in your state become available.
In the meantime, we invite you to take advantage of our Personal Cannabis Health Coach to better understand how cannabis and CBD may be helpful to you.
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN SOUTH CAROLINA -EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
SOUTH CAROLINA Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule IV drug in the state department of South Carolina.
- Cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled substance and illegal under federal law
- An adult possessing of one ounce or less is a Misdemeanor, 30 days jail time, and a 200 USD fine
- Sales of any cannabis drug is a Felony; penalties range from 5 to 25 years on a third offense and 5,000 USD to 200,000 USD depending on the pounds
- Cultivation and trafficking of any marijuana are against the law and a first offense Felony; penalties range from 5 to 25 years for a second offense with a mandatory sentence and 5,000 USD to 200,000 USD depending on the pounds.
- There are those with licensure for growing hemp now that it is federally legal.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia for recreational marijuana use will result in a civil citation and a maximum 500 USD fine since the decriminalization bill passed.
- A person in possession of 10 ounces or less of concentrate is a Misdemeanor with up to a 500 USD fine. That penalty increases significantly when operating a motor vehicle or with intent to sell.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 1937: The federal Marijuana Tax Act placed a halt on South Carolina’s booming industrial hemp cultivation.
- 2014: CBD is legalized under a medical cannabis bill- registered trademarks called “Julian’s Law” that was sponsored by Tom Davis and other clients. There are CBD dispensaries in Mount Pleasant, Goose Creek, North Charleston, and Moncks Corner for medical cannabis patients.
- 2017: Cultivation and use of industrial hemp are re-legalized with permits required for environmental control.
- 2019: The legislation for medical marijuana legalization via the Compassionate Care Act was introduced for the first time but stalled in 2020 due to the COVID pandemic
- 2022: In February of this year, the Senate held a second reading and passed the medical marijuana bill called Compassionate Care Act, and it’s set to go to the House.
Things to Consider in 2022:
- Legalization and decriminalization of recreational and medical cannabis are currently pending legislation in South Carolina, as well as allowing veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder to use marijuana under state law.
- House Speaker Jay Lucas has decided to step down from his leadership role this year and does not support the medical marijuana bill. Due to the attorney-client relationship, his lawyer will now be speaking on his client’s behalf in regards to the departure.
Possession Limits in SC
- Possession is not allowed; will change for patients if the medical marijuana bill is passed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These SOUTH CAROLINA Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Charleston, South Carolina, is a charming coastal city with rich history, vibrant culture, and stunning architecture. Known for its beautiful beaches, delicious food, and warm hospitality, Charleston is a must-visit destination for anyone looking for a Southern getaway. One of Charleston’s most popular tourist destinations in the historic district, where visitors can stroll along cobblestone streets and admire the beautiful antebellum homes and gardens. The district has several landmarks, including the Battery, Waterfront Park, and Rainbow Row. The Battery is a seawall and promenade that offers stunning views of Fort Sumter and the harbor, while Waterfront Park features fountains, gardens, and a pier that extends into the harbor. Rainbow Row, a series of colorful historic homes on East Bay Street, is a popular photo spot.
Hilton Head Island
Hilton Head Island, located in South Carolina, is a premier vacation destination that offers visitors a wide range of activities, attractions, and natural beauty. This barrier island is known for its white sandy beaches, golf courses, bike trails, and outdoor recreation opportunities. One of the main attractions of Hilton Head Island is its beaches. The island features 12 miles of pristine beaches, each with unique characteristics. Coligny Beach is a popular spot for sunbathing and swimming, while Folly Field Beach is known for its calm waters and family-friendly atmosphere. Hilton Head Island’s beaches are also great for water activities such as paddleboarding, kayaking, and surfing. Another popular activity on Hilton Head Island is golf, boasting over 30 golf courses. The island is home to several championship courses designed by legendary golfers such as Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer. Harbour Town Golf Links, a world-renowned golf course located within the Sea Pines Resort, hosts the RBC Heritage, a prestigious PGA Tour event held every April. For outdoor enthusiasts, Hilton Head Island offers many activities, including biking, fishing, and kayaking.