Fast, easy, and affordable
Get Your New Jersey Medical Marijuana Card Online In Minutes
How to Get a NJ Medical Marijuana Card
These are the steps to get a medical marijuana card in New Jersey with the help of Leafy DOC:
The Leafy DOC Difference
We’re here to help! At Leafy DOC, we believe that access to medical cannabis is essential; we connect medical marijuana patients with a licensed medical marijuana doctor online for patient evaluations. A certified health professional is ready to help with the medical marijuana certification.
Don’t just take our word for it
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN NEW JERSEY – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
New Jersey Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule I substance in the State of NJ
- Federally, cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance.
- Possession of up to 6 ounces of cannabis by an adult is legal.
- Possession of more than 6 ounces of cannabis by an adult is a fourth-degree crime punishable by 18 months imprisonment and a fine of up to 25,000 USD.
- Cultivation of 1 ounce up to less than 5 pounds is a crime in the 3rd degree punishable by a sentence of 3-5 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of 25,000 USD.
- A person over 21 may purchase, possess and use cannabis paraphernalia.
- A misdemeanor is a failure to turn over marijuana or hashish to a nearby police officer. In addition, being under the influence of marijuana or hashish is also a misdemeanor.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 2010: Governor Corzine signed a law to legalize medical marijuana for a limited number of conditions
- 2013: Criminalization was at an all-time high, nearly doubling since 1993
- 2018: The Medical program and its’ qualifying conditions were expanded
- 2020: NJ 1897 was signed into law to decriminalize minor possession of cannabis
- 2021: NJ A21 was signed to legalize possession and use for adults
- 2022: Retail dispensaries opened in the spring
Possession Limits in NJ
- Adults in New Jersey may possess six ounces; medical cannabis patients can keep three ounces a month for up to eighteen months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These New Jersey Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Atlantic City is known for its bustling casinos and the Miss America pageant. Top waterfront attractions include the Boardwalk and Gardner’s Basin.
This area offers dining, shopping, fishing, dolphin cruises, the Atlantic City Aquarium, and New Jersey’s tallest lighthouse, Absecon.
Princeton is known for the prestigious Princeton University, a college established in 1756 and serves as the governor’s official residence. Princeton offers many tourist attractions, including the house where Albert Einstein’s home and the Washington Oak, named in 1787 when the U.S. Constitution was signed.
Delaware Water Gap
The Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area offers a true outdoors experience away from the busy city life. This 40-mile stretch of the Delaware River runs through New Jersey and Pennsylvania, where people can hike the Appalachian Trail, fish, kayak, or ride horses. The National Park Service maintains the area.