Fast, easy, and affordable
Get Your Maine Medical Marijuana Card Online In Minutes
Get approved or your money back
Secure & HIPAA compliant
Trusted by 30k patients
How to Get a ME Medical Marijuana Card
These are the steps to get a medical marijuana card in Maine with the help of Leafy DOC:
Book Your Appointment
Skip the wait at the doctor’s office and schedule your evaluation from the comfort and convenience of your home. Submit an intake form with a few personal details and a summary of your medical history; then, we’ll help you book an on-demand telehealth appointment or schedule a convenient time for later.
Match With a Licensed Marijuana Doctor
Connect with the right doctor in minutes and easily chat with your provider on a smartphone, computer, or tablet via phone call or video. Our licensed physicians will evaluate your qualifying condition, address your questions and concerns, and then provide a written certification form approving your need for medical marijuana.
Get Your Maine Medical Card
With your own portal, you’ll be able to communicate with the Leafy DOC team easily throughout the process. Once you’re approved by a medical professional, we’ll ship your certification within five to ten business days. When you receive your medical marijuana certification, you can visit medical marijuana dispensaries. Registration with the state of Maine is optional but not necessary.
The Leafy DOC Difference
We’re here to help! At Leafy DOC, we believe that access to medical cannabis is essential; we connect medical marijuana patients with a licensed medical marijuana doctor online for patient evaluations. A certified health professional is ready to help with the medical marijuana certification.
Don’t just take our word for it
Get Approved Today!
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN MAINE – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Maine Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule I substance in the state of Maine
- Federally, cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance.
- An adult may possess up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana and no more than 5 grams of marijuana concentrate.
- The sale of one pound or less is a crime punishable by a maximum sentence of one-year imprisonment and a maximum fine of 2,000 USD.
- An adult may cultivate up to three flowering marijuana plants, twelve immature plants, and unlimited seedlings. An adult may possess all of the marijuana produced by the plants.
- An adult may possess marijuana paraphernalia.
- The sale of paraphernalia to a person at least 16 years old is A Class E crime misdemeanor punishable by a maximum sentence of six months imprisonment and a maximum fine of 1,000 USD.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 1976: Maine’s legislature decriminalized possession of small amounts of cannabis.
- 1999: Voters approved a ballot initiative legalizing medical cannabis for patients suffering from serious health issues.
- 2009: Voters approved a ballot initiative expanding the state’s existing medical cannabis program.
- 2016: Voters approved a ballot initiative legalizing possession and cultivation of cannabis for adults and establishing a regulated cannabis market.
- 2020: Adult-use sales and regulation began in October 2020.
Possession Limits in Maine
- Patients can possess up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana and up to five grams of concentrate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These Maine Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park is New England’s only official national park, offering incredible views and lively wildlife. Visitors can enjoy rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, or biking here.
John D. Rockefeller developed a carriage road system for the area that winds through Acadia National Park and provides many points of interest along the way. The Island Explorer bus ventures through the park, making it easy for tourists to enjoy the park’s scenic views. Among the most famous drives through the park in Acadia is Park Loop Road.
Bar Harbor is the biggest community on Mount Desert Island and is located on the northern shores of Frenchman Bay. Various activities are on tap at Bar Harbor, including shopping at local shops, boutiques, and galleries and enjoying the cuisine.
Other popular attractions include:
- Bar Harbor Historical Society
- Abbe Museum
- Asticou Azalea Gardens