SORRY, WE ARE NOT OPEN IN YOUR STATE RIGHT NOW.
However, you can easily join our waitlist to be notified when booking appointments in your state become available.
In the meantime, we invite you to take advantage of our Personal Cannabis Health Coach to better understand how cannabis and CBD may be helpful to you.
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN KENTUCKY-EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
KENTUCKY Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is listed as a Schedule I substance in the state of Kentucky.
- According to federal law, cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substance by the federal government
- Possession of up to eight ounces of marijuana is a Class B misdemeanor, which includes a maximum sentence of 45 days incarceration and a maximum fine of 250 USD.
- Possession of 8 ounces or more of marijuana can be used as evidence that there is intent to sell or transfer it.
- Sales above eight ounces are felonies; depending on the offense, it could be a Class C Felony, Class B Felony, or a Class D Felony; penalties range from one to 20 years and 500 USD to 10,000 USD depending on pounds.
- First Possession of paraphernalia is a misdemeanor with the possibility of one-year incarceration and a 500 USD fine.
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 2014: Kentucky’s stance on legalizing medical marijuana starts with SB 124, which was passed in 2014, and is now the law within Chapter 218A of Kentucky’s Statutes.
- This senate bill legalized cannabidiol (CBD) for medical purposes for patients, including those with post-traumatic stress disorder, multiple sclerosis, and chronic nausea.
- The house bill to legalize the people of Kentucky to access CBD as a treatment under a physician’s recommendation practicing at a state research hospital.
- SB 124 also exempted medical marijuana used in FDA-approved studies or compassionate use programs.
- 2017: HB 333 provided authorization to use CBD products as an FDA-approved prescription medication and legalized hemp-derived CBD with 0.3% THC or less for all Kentucky citizens.
- Kentucky’s legislators have made many attempts to legalize medical marijuana over the past decade, including SB40 in 2015 and HB 166 in 2018.
- 2020: The Kentucky House passed HB 136 in February 2020. However, the pandemic halted progress, and essentially since Senate did not take up the medical marijuana legalization bill before they adjourned for the year, the bill didn’t make it to the next step in the process.
- Presently, there are no possession limits outlined in law for prescription CBD medicine or hemp-derived CBD.
- 2022: However, voters will have the chance to approve the legalization of medical cannabis and possibly recreational marijuana in the 2022 and upcoming election periods.
Possession Limits in KY
- Cannabis Possession is not allowed
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These KENTUCKY Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Located in the heart of Kentucky, Louisville is a charming city with a rich history and culture. It’s known for its bourbon, horse racing, and southern hospitality. If you’re planning a trip to Louisville, there’s no shortage of things to do and see indoors and outdoors. One of Louisville’s most popular outdoor attractions is the iconic Churchill Downs, home to the famous Kentucky Derby. Visitors can tour the track and museum to learn about the history of the Derby and the sport of horse racing. Another popular outdoor spot is Waterfront Park, a 72-acre park along the Ohio River with walking trails, playgrounds, and picnic areas. If you’re a foodie, Louisville is the place to be. The city is known for its bourbon, but it’s also home to some of the best restaurants in the country. Be sure to try the Kentucky Hot Brown, a classic dish made with turkey, bacon, and Mornay sauce.
Mammoth Cave National Park
Mammoth Cave National Park, located in Kentucky, USA, is a destination that offers visitors a unique and unforgettable experience. The park is named after the world’s longest-known cave system, Mammoth Cave, which spans over 400 miles and continues to grow. The park covers over 52,000 acres and has diverse activities and attractions, making it an ideal destination for families, adventurers, and history enthusiasts. Mammoth Cave National Park visitors can explore the cave system on guided tours. Several different tours are available, ranging from easy to strenuous and from short to several hours long. Visitors can see incredible formations along the tours, such as stalactites, stalagmites, and other limestone features. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the many hiking trails that showcase the park’s beautiful landscape and rich flora and fauna. In addition to the natural wonders, Mammoth Cave National Park has a rich history. The cave system has been used by humans for thousands of years, with evidence of Native American use dating back over 4,000 years. In the 19th century, the cave became a tourist attraction, with visitors traveling worldwide to see the fascinating underground world.