SORRY, WE ARE NOT OPEN IN YOUR STATE RIGHT NOW.
However, you can easily join our waitlist to be notified when booking appointments in your state become available.
In the meantime, we invite you to take advantage of our Personal Cannabis Health Coach to better understand how cannabis and CBD may be helpful to you.
Designed for MMJ Patients. Customized to fit your Life.
CANNABIS IN ALABAMA-EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
ALABAMA Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana is a Schedule I drug in the state of Alabama
- Cannabis is still considered a Schedule I Controlled Substances per federal laws
- Personal use marijuana possession is punishable by a maximum fine of 6,000 USD and one year of incarceration. Possessing marijuana in personal amounts has many more penalties after first-time possession.
- Sales of any kind by a person is a Class D Felony punishable by penalties that range from 2 years to 20 years and 30,000 USD depending on the pounds
- According to Alabama code 13a 12, Cultivation and trafficking of any kind is a Class B Felony punishable by penalties ranging from 2 years to life imprisonment and 30,000 USD to 60,000 USD depending on the pounds and a previous conviction
- Unlawful Possession of paraphernalia for personal use is a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum one year sentence and a 6,000 USD fine
Cannabis Policy Reform Timeline
- 1931: Prohibition began in Alabama and cannabis was banned for personal use
- 2012: The Alabama Medical Marijuana Patients Right Act was introduced and the legislation died in the judiciary committee
- 2014: The state senate passed a bill called Carly’s Law for legal CBD oil trials and a clinical study for patients with seizures
- 2015: The Medical Marijuana Patient Safe Access Act was passed by state legislatures, but never went passed an attorney to the Senate floor to legalize medical marijuana and update the law.
- 2016: Leni’s Law was passed and the governor signed a law to update Carly’s law and the number of patients who can access medical cannabis and CBD oil.
- 2019: A law to reduce recreational cannabis, personal-use possession, and misdemeanor and felony penalties advanced to the Senate
- 2021: Governor Kay Ivey signed the Darren Wesley ‘Ato’ Hall Compassion Act; Senate voted for legal medical marijuana for any state-qualifying condition.
Possession Limits in al
- Possession is not allowed recreationally
- Possession of a 70 day supply is legal for medical patients
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit These Alabama Hotspots After Getting Your Medical Card
Orange Beach, AL, is a beautiful coastal city located in the southern part of Alabama. The city is situated on the Gulf of Mexico and offers stunning white sandy beaches, turquoise waters, and many tourist attractions. It is a perfect destination for tourists looking for sun, sand, and sea. One of the significant draws of Orange Beach is its breathtaking beaches. The city boasts over 32 miles of pristine white sand beaches, making it a popular destination for swimming, sunbathing, and beachcombing. The Gulf State Park beach is one of the most famous in the area, offering plenty of space for beach activities such as volleyball, frisbee, and paddleboarding. The beach also features several rental shops that offer a variety of water sports equipment, including jet skis, kayaks, and paddleboards.
U.S. Space and Rocket Center
Located in Huntsville, Alabama, the U.S. Space and Rocket Center is a museum and educational center dedicated to space exploration and rocket technology. The center is home to numerous exhibits, artifacts, and interactive displays that offer visitors a glimpse into the history and future of space exploration. One of the center’s main attractions is its collection of rockets and spacecraft, including the Saturn V rocket, which was used in the Apollo moon missions. Visitors can also view the actual spacesuits worn by astronauts on various missions and a replica of the International Space Station. In addition to its exhibits, the U.S. Space and Rocket Center offers a range of educational programs and activities for visitors of all ages. The center hosts summer camps, workshops, and other events providing hands-on learning experiences in robotics, engineering, and space science.
Dauphin Island, a small barrier island located off the coast of Alabama in the Gulf of Mexico, is packed with attractions and activities, making it a popular destination for tourists looking for a relaxing beach vacation. The island’s several public beaches offer visitors plenty of opportunities to swim, sunbathe, and enjoy the beautiful Gulf waters, with the Dauphin Island Public Beach being one of the most popular. Featuring over 3 miles of white sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico, visitors can also enjoy fishing, kayaking, and boating in the surrounding waters for additional fun in the sun.